Smaller TextDefault TextLarger Text
SunSouthBank Established in 1954Banking the way it should be.
History

A History of Sunsouth Bank

A History of Pride and Achievement

SunSouth Bank established its early roots deep in the soil of rural Alabama as The Peoples Bank in Clio, Alabama. Created in 1954, The Peoples Bank began as a small family owned bank serving the financial needs of the farmers and merchants of the community. To enhance growth, the charter was moved to Dothan, Alabama.

The name was changed to SunSouth Bank and the bank has reflected a steep growth curve. They acquired a premier location on Jamestown Boulevard and restored a landmark home to a facility which is located adjacent to the Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce.

The bank has expanded its lending and financial skills to the related business of leasing with SunSouth Capital, Inc. The leasing company primarily services its trade territory of Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.

The rapid growth of the Bank created the need for additional space to accommodate the expanding operating functions. These are the important people who assure that the bank continues to provide the quality and warm personal service for which it is justly proud. Consequently, a new SunSouth Corporate Headquarters building was built at the corner of Main Street and Jamestown Boulevard in Dothan; a location which is rapidly becoming the business and financial center of the Wiregrass.

This is your bank, the performance bank . . . offering banking the way it should be . . . welcome aboard.

FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2011 SunSouth Bank. All Rights Reserved